In this day and age where smartphones have grown into phablets and tablets have grown into mini-computers there is still a need for a "real computer" with a keyboard and large screen to:
- Use for school.
- Office work.
- Creating and using spreadsheets.
- Video editing.
- Creating a presentation.
- Working on your blog or website.
- Editing images for social media, article, or blog posts.
The big question now is, "which laptop should I buy?"
As with all buying decisions there are a few things to consider like:
- How often will I use it?
- What will I use it for?
- How much am I willing to spend on it?
- Should I get a Windows or Mac?
- Can I get support and how easy is it to access?
As a blogger you'll:
- Create a blog post for your blog or as a guest blogger.
- Create and edit images to augment your blog and social media posts.
- Create presentations to share on SlideShare.
- Create podcasts.
- Attend webinars.
- Customize your blog by tweaking its code.
- Join affiliate programs.
- Take courses.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and workshops.
For these you'll need:
- a large screen with a great display.
- Something with more than 6 hours battery life.
- Has a solid keyboard and trackpad.
- Can easily give you 3 - 4 years of use.
- And have accessories such as cases, extra battery, headphones, mics and a cleaning kit readily available.
Best 2016 Laptop Options
The Dell XPS 13
The Dell XPS 13 is a great option when purchasing a laptop. It:
- Has a great 13.3-inch 1080p display screen allowing you to see every little detail.
- 11-hour battery life of any Windows Ultrabook will keep you powered all day.
- Solid keyboard and trackpad.
- Small, thin and light weighing it at 2.9 pounds with dimensions of 12 x 7.0 x 0.3 inches.
- The newest Intel processor - Intel core i5 - which is 30% more efficient than previous models.
- 8 GB of memory which is enough memory for most tasks.
- Thunderbolt 3 which is accessible through its versatile USB-C port.
- A better battery life of 12-hours
- and a superior support network.
- It's great for its price.
- Battery life of 10-hours.
- 8 GB RAM.
- A good keyboard.
- And a reliable trackpad.
- Weighs in at 2.86 pounds and is less than 6 inches thin.
Now it's Your Turn...
Based on your needs, what laptop will you be getting?